Now that the lockdowns are starting to lift, there has never been more scrutiny and a brighter spotlight on how businesses will uphold the new safety and sanitary measures, both for their employees and their customers.
Medical establishments already use specialized, medical-grade, anti-bacterial, water, and stain-proof upholstery, to withstand their work environment. However, this level of fabric performance, given the recent environment, arguably, should be mandatory in all customer-facing, service-based industries.
If you run a restaurant, a coffee shop, a hair, nail, or beauty salon, or are a driver, and you do not already have a high-grade upholstery, or it is getting old, now is a good time to reconsider its efficacy, and possibly replace it.
Germs can stick to surfaces, and liquids can easily absorb into fabric, so even if you are cleaning between each customer, (which is an ambitious metric) it still might not be 100% effective, as what you can’t see, can kill you. (figuratively and unfortunately literally.)
The best defense is a good offense – which a medical-grade vinyl or Crypton can provide.
There are two highly regarded, industry-grade medical upholstery known for their performance.
Crypton is a high-performance, technically innovative upholstery designed to be stainproof, waterproof, odor-resistant, and has increased durability for high traffic use.
- Water Resistant: Crypton fabric is unique in that is creates a water-resistant surface that also allows air to pass through and provide proper ventilation. Each thread is coated with this protective covering, so that the entire surface will not breakdown over time or due to frequent use.
- Stain Resistant: In most cases, if there is a spill, you can simply wipe away any moisture and the antimicrobial properties of the fabric will go to work. If you need to really scrub the surface with soap and water, you can do so without worrying about water penetrating the cushion and causing mold and bacteria.
- Microbe Resistant: The chemicals used in the manufacturing process will prevent bacteria from spreading. This is just one reason why it is a popular choice in offices, hospital and other areas that experience a large amount of traffic.
- Superior Aesthetics: Crypton fabrics have the look and feel of cotton, velvet or any other fabric you might like to incorporate into your design. It is just as soft, colorful and attractive as any other material on the market. Gives you
- Zero Emissions: One of the most notable features of Crypton is it does not ‘off-gas’ which Vinyl can do depending on which type and how it was manufactured. This ensure it is even more suitable for a “wellness /
- 5-Year Warranty: The moisture barrier associated with Crypton comes with a five-year guarantee.
Healthcare Grade Vinyl
Vinyl is a synthetic produced fabric used in primarily commercial upholstery that is higher performing than the traditional woven or stretch fabrics and is known for its durability.
- Easily Cleaned: Unlike cotton or leather upholstery fabrics, vinyl can be easily wiped clean and you don’t have to worry about having to purchase special cleaning products. Even simple soap and water is enough to clean up spills and remove dirt.
- Durability: As long as they aren’t exposed to too much heat and become dry, the material will remain supple and continue to provide a strong, stain-resistant surface.
- Cost Effective: Vinyl is an affordable option, especially if you need to purchase dozens of pieces of office furniture or equip a busy hospital waiting room with enough chairs.
- Anti-bacterial: Today’s vinyl materials contain germicides and anti-microbial chemicals that prevent the build-up of potentially harmful mold and bacteria. Unlike cotton and other natural fabrics that tend to absorb moisture and created a breeding ground for moisture and germs, vinyl provides a sanitary surface.
- Sustainable: While the level of sustainability varies from manufacturer to manufacturer, there is a clear trend among vinyl textile companies to create better products, reduce the use of natural resources and prevent any harmful by-products from entering the environment.
At KOVI, we carry a wide variety of residential and commercial vinyl of different grades, colors, textures, and weights, suitable for high traffic, high sensitivity environments. If you have any questions or need help in your selection, feel free to contact us.