If you’re looking for an easy way to use some fabric, a fun project you might not have considered is putting upholstery on room dividers. The photo above shows how stunning a room divider with fabric can be. And it’s easy! Learn how to make an upholstered room divider below.
- Start by procuring bifold doors. Depending on your space, you may need a few of them. You’ll want plain wooden ones.
- Measure some polyester batting and cut it to the shape of the door, leaving about an inch of door uncovered on each side for a cleaner edge.
- Use a staple gun to secure the edges of the batting to the door.
- Measure your fabric against the door, leaving a few inches of extra fabric at the edges. Attach the fabric using the staple gun just outside the batting. Cut away excess fabric that is overhanging.
- Place ribbon over the staples as a trim to hide those staples and add some design flair. You can also use fabric trim. You can use an iron-on adhesive tape or fabric glue for this step.
- If you use several doors, you’ll need to attach them together using metal door hinges.