If you’re looking for a way to update that old end table, the photo above shows a cute hack. By removing the door of an end table, you can create a usable open space. This new space can function as a makeshift curio for decorative. Or a popular use is to put a pet bed into the space for a small dog or cat. Plus, it’s super easy to add fabric to the inside of the table for a customized look. Learn how below.
- Start by removing the door of the end table, of course. For this step, you’ll most likely need to unscrew the door hinges.
- If you choose to paint the table, do so once the door has been removed. Let the paint dry.
- Measure the dimensions you want to cover inside the end table. Cut your fabric to those measurements.
- Secure the fabric inside the table with spray-on adhesive.
- This is where you can customize the space. You might embellish with decorative nailheads around the edges of the fabric, for instance. Otherwise, feel free to add a pet bed or pillows like the space above if you’re making a pet hideaway space.